The bridal planner
Six - Twelve Months Prior to Wedding
- Call for availability of Peacock River Ranch.
- Compile guest lists including family and friends.
- Begin shopping for wedding rings - keep accurate notes on prices and jewelers.
- Begin interviewing caterers.
- Begin shopping for wedding gown and bridal accessories.
- Begin shopping for attendants gowns and accessories.
- Begin interviewing photographers and videophotographers for availability, cost, services.
- Begin interviewing for floral designer.
- Schedule engagement photograph.
- Begin making inquiries into music (vocal, instrumental, DJ - ceremony & reception).
- Contact travel agent to begin plans for honeymoon.
- Confirm passport is current and meets new guidelines.
Three - Six Months Prior to Wedding
- Select and order men's wardrobe.
- Order wedding invitations & programs.
- Prepare & print map to be included with invitations.
- Confirm reservations for honeymoon - air, hotel, car, events.
- Register at "Bridal Registries".
- Make reservations for wedding & reception rental items - chairs, linens, candelabras.
- Make reservations for limousine, carriage, etc.
- Reserve hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Sample and order wedding and groom's cakes.
- Make reservations at restaurant for rehersal dinner.
One - Two Months Prior to Wedding
- Begin shopping for honeymoon wardrobe.
- Mail wedding invitations.
- Shop for attendants gifts.
- Review and finalize floral arrangements.
- Select ceremony accessories.
- Decide on decorations for reception and wedding ceremony.
- Update immunizations if needed for out of country honeymoon.
- Final wedding gown fitting.
- Final attendants gown fitting.
- Select floral preservationist.
- Make inquiries into gown preservationist.
One Month - Two Weeks Prior to Wedding
- Make appointment for manicure, pedicure, facial.
- Mail invitations for rehearsal dinner.
- Make baskets & complete other accessories for reception.
- Call photographer to schedule bridal portrait.
- Make reservations for bridesmaid's luncheon.
- Reconfirm honeymoon reservations - air, hotel, car, events.
- Keep a record of recieved gifts and write thank you notes.
- Schedule final appointment with hair stylist & make-up artist.
- Confirm time & date of rehersal with everyone involved.
- Review wedding and/or reception seating.
- Confirm wedding party arrival and transportation.
- Confirm hotel reservations for out of town guests.
- confirm availability of dressing area.
- Make arrangements for gown and floral preservation.
- Make arrangements for change of name and address - bank accounts, social security, credit cards, drivers license, etc.
One - Two Weeks Prior to Wedding
- Pick up wedding rings and confirm fit.
- Final consultation with all service providers.
- Final guest count to wedding manager.
- Final guest count to caterers.
- Men pick up formals, shoes and confirm fit.
- Pack for honeymoon.
Sunset times are a resource provided below to help plan your ceremony, any time of year.